Java First Steps
(Free Web Tutorials & Resources)
by Michael Thomas
This page has info on some of the first steps you will need to take
to work with Java.
( Home Page: Free Java
Training & Java Certification Training )
This tutorial covers: Java SE 8u111 (as of
- Know how to unzip a file.
- Know how to create new directories.
- Click here for help on
- This tutorials has been tested in the following environment:
OS: Win 10
- Download and install the JDK & JRE
- Compile your first Java program from DOS.
- Edit & Debug your first Java program from a Text Editor.
- Take your first Java Tutorial.
Download and Install your First
JDK, JRE, Java Docs (API) & Java Demos
Create and Compile Your
First Java Program Using a Text Editor and DOS
Edit/Debug Your First
Java Program from a Java IDE
Tour Your First Java